Saturday, February 1, 2014

That school girl...

13 years! From the day I'd barely started lisping words from my mouth, till the day I was clad gracefully in a saree, I've been in AECS-1. As the head-girl, I was supposed to speak on the farewell day. As soon as I scribbled the first word on the blank sheet, tears glided down my cheeks, making the paper moist. Tearing it off, I began typing afresh in the computer...

Good morning one and all! Respected principal mam, vice principal sir, headmaster sir, beloved teachers and all my dearest friends! Ahh! Shoot! This is probably the last time I am saying these words standing on this stage! It makes me utterly nostalgic..  Anyways, I feel very glad to have been given this opportunity to speak a few words on behalf of the whole 2014 batch! So, I would like to briefly narrate our entire journey, our own stages of metamorphosis! We were slash are a really naughty batch. Starting from prep, where we wrote all our B’s and D’s the wrong way, till junior college, where we solve brainstorming equations, nothing has changed at all. We started out as little kids, crying our heads off yelling “I don’t want to go to school!” and now..look how time has brought us to the stage where we don’t feel like leaving it at all.

It feels like it was just yesterday when we were being scolded for losing our pencils, sharpeners and erasers. When abha mam n nirmala mam taught us ka, kha, ga..whenkondra mam taught us how to count, and minakshi mam taught us to add.. 4 in mind 2 in hand 4-5-6!! So I would like to salute all our primary teachers  who worked soo hard to fit stuff into our rock minds. Rock minds indeed. Since most of us still carelessly scribble  3+2=6 sometimes! Wonder how reddy sir deals with that now! Then, nextly, came the secondary stage.. We were grown up and we felt big indeed. It was time we got exposed to the social and scientific world waiting for our contribution. Not only did our teachers teach us lessons from the textbook, but they also inculcated values within us, and taught us what’s right and what’s wrong. We can never forget  Ramchandran sir’s cheerful humor, sridevi mam’s stern yet encouraging words, the amazing stories yadav madam narrated, the love and affection pandaley mam showered upon us,dharmadhikari  sir’s dedication,poonambhatt mam’s soft and sweet words, the fascinating facts rajalakshmi mam shared with us and her eagerness in spreading knowledge, dale madam’s valuable support, wadhone mam’s enthusisam and kanappan sir’s amusing style .. All of them played a major role in building the base of our education, making us ready for the battle we were going to face.. JUNIOR COLLEGE, ladies and gentlemen! Geared off with the guidance from excellent teachers we began our ultimate battle of education.  Every concept they teach is crystal clear and I am sure we all are very relieved knowing that we made the right choice coming here. Even though we failed at the first attempt, they never let us give up and boosted our confidence in every way possible. Also Vice principal sir and headmaster sir, we thank you very much for having so much faith in us, trusting that we have the potential to reach phenomenal heights. And last but not the least principal mam, along with us, these are your last days at this school as well, so I would like to thank you for being so open with all of us, giving us loads of opportunities to express our wishes, making these two years of us  extremely eventful . 
This school has gifted all of us with the most dependable friends, and tons of lovely memories we can cling on to till the end of our lives. This is where I was born, my Alma mater. No matter where I go, my umbilical cord will still be attached to this school because it has made me who I am today. We promise to achieve great success in life making this school and our teachers proud.  And studying under this roof , has always given us the confidence that (This is where I started singing)  “ ham honge kamiyaab,,hum honge kamiyaab ek din.. oho mann mein hai vishwas, pura hai vishwas, ham honge kamyaab ek din! Thank you so much.. 
 I don't know whether it was the applause or the smiling faces of my teachers, my voice shook due to the tears I was trying to hold at the last line... And only few days are gonna change my "school girl" status..no more double braids, no more grey, no more badges to pin up.. 

1 comment: