Tuesday, May 6, 2014

From upbeat to harmony

One word.  Music. I am empowered. Music is one of the most gorgeous elements of summer. I’ve got this absurd delusion that my ears get more capable of hearing during summer as the air is clearer, less promiscuous. The summer winds are deluged with tunes, as birds banter around chirping merrily, women keep clanking their cookware, the jocund rhythm of the garden sprinklers and the gentle rustling of leaves. These tunes arouse emotions, make me nostalgic, give me frequent déjà vus and make me sad. This roller coaster of emotions takes over my iPod as well, when a variety of songs with completely different moods occupy a single playlist. There’s one tune that’ll keep haunting my mind throughout the week! And it’ll follow me wherever I go irrespective of whether it’s an examination hall or a bathroom. And sometimes few songs make me very restless.. Like I really want to shout out to somebody how awesome it is.. So, I’ve decided that I am gonna shout it out right here.. I don’t like rating songs and all. IT’s very unfair I think. Every song is remarkable in its own way. So here are those songs I’ve been listening for a month or two that are just so good that they have been distracting the hell outta me.

        Gone Gone Gone by Philip Philips – I’ve been hearing this since quite a while but when it was played as the bg score for an Andrew Garfield scene in The Amazing Spiderman 2, that’s it, I got sold big time!  Now, I am head over heels crazy about it.

        Tera sukoon ya junoon ( Title track of beintehaa): This song is not much popular but I love everything about it. While listening to it, I am incapable of doing anything with the exception of getting lost in the fabulous melody of the song, relishing the lyrics and visualizing Zain and Alia (the protagonists of the soap). It literally screams out romance with every word.

        Ishq duaa ( Beintehaa bg score): Yes, I am obsessed with the show but more with the music. The slight sufi edge, the taans, the frolic gives a beautiful vision of dupattas flying in the air, fishes swimming in the ocean, sunflowers swaying and everything that is filmy.

        Khudaaya tu bata (Shanghai) by Shekhar Ravjiani

        Beat it - by Chris Brown, Sean Kingston and Wiz Khalifa. It’s right on top of the list. Bang on awesome music.

        Heart attack – By Demi Lovato – Powerful.. Whenever I listen to this song, it feels like something is rising within me along with Demi’s pitch. I just love the way she pronounces everything so sharply and gets very vigorous with every line, like she’s putting her heart and soul in every word. It’s not at all a regular song. I love the innovation. It’s not like a  “I saw something, I got inspired,  wrote it down, got my guitar down and started humming it” kinda song  . This song is just bursting with energy at every syllable.

        Counting stars – BY One republic – I just like it. Just-just-just like it. I’ve been trying to search for a reason. I failed.

        “State of grace”, “You belong with me”, “Red” and “15” by Taylor swift – The lyrics are very good. There’s a flow and meaning in the songs. I actually cannot hate any Taylor swift song because I think she’s very honest and forthright in her songs. It’s a package of spectacular voice+tune+lyrics.

        Yaar indha salai oram – ( Thalaiva) BY G.V Prakash and Saindhavi – It’s too sweet for words. This duet is fabulous. It makes me wanna dance ballet. It’s made for a fairytale.


        Kadhal ennulle (Neram) By Renjith – I can’t understand the lyrics much but there’s a very docile edge to this song that I really love. It goes on and on. It feels like a pleasant morning.

        Nagada (Ramleela) By Shreya Ghoshal – I am a die hard fan of both Shreya and Dipika and this combination is what draws me to this song!.

        Acapella – By Karmin – It’s hilarious. It’s a slow rap, very boldly sung.


        Duaa (Shanghai) – I’ve heard it millions of times as a bg score but just recently got to hear it completely. The best track to plug in when your spirits are at low ebb. 

No comments:

Post a Comment