Saturday, January 31, 2009

My North-East Trip



Bharapani lake(left) Cherrapunji caves (left)
Recently I visited Northeast. I visited Guwahati, Shillong and Cherrapunji during my diwali vacations. I got thrilled when Mummy said that we were going to visit North east. We went there just during diwali. I had expected that guwahati would be a nice place. We went to guwahati by flight. I have always had a crave of exploring bathrooms in the airport. The rose fragnance of toilet cleaners in the bathroom would attract me towards the bathrooms. Thinking so I explored all the bathrooms of Mumbai airport and was quite impressed with them that I visited it 5 times each. I know it sounds ridiculous and makes you say , 'Yech! disgusting'. But I don't want to lie and this is my exact opinion about airport bathrooms. I planned to visit the guwahati airport bathroom also. So just after stepping down from the flight, I decided to visit the guwahati bathroom but to my horror it was no less than a raliway station bathroom. Our driver was waiting for us outside the airport. We got into the car and went in search of a good hotel. I was surprised to see that the city Guwahati looked even dirtier than our Tarapur. We went to the a hotel near the place, Ganeshguri. From there we went to Balaji temple. It looked as if we were seeing a Gopuram in Shrirangam. It was a really nice temple made of white stone. We went back to hotel and we checked out of it the next day. The next morning we went to kamakhya temple. It was nice but not neat. There was oil all over the floor and goats and birds were given Bali there. Still it was fine. Then we made our way to Shillong. There were so many ghats over there that I stopped the car and vomited thoroughly. After this we went to a hotel in shillong called CITY HUT. The food was so good there that I ate like a wolf and gobbled everything. Then we checked in the hotel and then we went to boating in lake. It was really refreshing to see natural surroundings and at 3 pm also it felt terribly cold. From there we went to a national park where all types of plants and animals were kept. We enjoyed ourselves thoroughly. After that we went again to hotel and I insisted we do some shopping as shillong was famous for bamboo items. We went to a shop nearby and bought many beatiful wood and bamboo items. The shillong trip was the best. Shillong was so cold that there were no fans in the hotel room. Yet we needed thick blankets. The next morning we went to cherrapunji where we first went to Elephant falls. It was fabulous. We also saw seven sister falls and India - Bangladesh border. We then went to the caves. Wow! The caves were just the best and really really adventurous. We hopped and climbed over the mighty stones and there was danger every mode. Everything was slippery because of rain which added to the excitement of the adventure. Afterwards, we went to Shillong view point. We could see the whole view of Shillong city. We had a lunch at a hotel above the bharapani lake. Honestly, its dam beautiful (check out the pics). From there we went to Guwahati and stayed in a 5 star hotel called NAKSHATRA. The time we were staying in Shillong, we came to know that there was a bomb blast in the place we were staying in Guwahati. The next day we went to Guwahati airport and returned to Mumbai and from there to Tarapur. And this was our journey to North-East.

No comments:

Post a Comment