Saturday, January 31, 2009

Current happenings


There's really much activity going round here. My confidence exams are nearing and I am planning to work on my own without mom's help. I am trying to plan everything myself and study. But planning is one thing in which I am "zero". So mummy plans out things for me and I try to follow them. But actions speak louder than words. Whenever I try to remove my book and read, I just get bored or my head starts aching. I have started studying on my own and I just read out my weekly unit test marks to amma. Still her hot temper doesn't cool down. I tried to get full marks in almost all the tests thinking that mummy would get impressed. But the another problem is mummy now scolds me because I don't keep my room clean. Oh god, what to do. I think i've started becoming a little unsincere whereas sometimes I feel that i've become responsible. Well all that I can do is studying for whole two months. Just now my annual day came and went. I had not participated dance but instead I took part in group song and I even got a chance to sing with orchestra with A (my friend). It was a fine show. Other than that I got my academic prize as well ad CCA prize also. The dances that were performed during the annual day were fabulous. I got some Enid Blyton books and a Squire's Tales book. I flipped through the pages of the Enid Blyton's books first and I didn't seem to understand anything and the Squire's Tales book's language was none less than the newspaper's language. I was sure that these books would have a comfortable nap for years in my bookshelf( which is currently full). One day, feeling bored, I got hold of the book " The mystery of the pantomime cat" and began to read it. To my surprise, it was perfectly awesome blossom and I could easily understand it. I then decided not to judge any book by the first page. Then I continued with the Adventurous Four serious ( "Shipwrecked" and "Stranded") and "The ragamuffin mystery". When I had finished reading these in few days, soon I began to get bored again so I thought of checking out "Squire's Tales" (the squire, the knight and his lady). I read a few pages and (once again) to my surprise, it was just amazing. I am a kinda "Book Crazy" and 5 books to spend my boring and lonely afternoons is not sufficient. I get severe scoldings from mummy for finishing off the books before vacations and then spending my hols without books and troubling mum saying, I am bored and hence, lazing throughout the day lying on the sofa( spoiling the sofa cover) watching TV continuously from 10 am till mummy comes and snatches the remote from me and watches her favourite shows. i also finished off the Fattest book with me " The Chronicles Of Narnia" ( the bestest book in the whole world and in the top of my favourites list). It consists of seven whole novels in a "BIG FAT" book. It was given to me A mama and A mami. I am so glad I have the book with me!

2 comments: