Friday, March 2, 2012

Times with you grandpa....

Dear Thatha,
I don't know whether you are gonna read this or not but there are quite a lot of things that I've always wanted to tell you before you left me... Firstly, everyone in the family thought that you were very strict and were kind of a hitler but we loved you a lot and still do. But, I never thought you were a hitler or anything. I've always thought that you are the coolest grandpa anyone could ever have had. There are quite a lot of reasons.. for instance, when you showed me your early days photographs..I mean, you looked damn handsome. When you used to share your memories with me, it used to give me a lot of happiness.. I've never seen granny but you know you both were the most beautiful looking couple on earth. I know I've never said this but I love you a lot, thatha... I can never ever forget the wonderful moments i've shared with you.. From my babyhood, i've grown up on your bed,  peed on it like about a million times, still you never changed that mattress... You've always wanted me to be brisk and fast but unfortunately, I've never been able to get rid of my lethargic attitude..I am very sorry that I couldn't be the geethu you'd wanted me to be.. Quick, smart and perfect. and sort of like you :) but the only thing I got from you was the habit of crossing my legs.
I still remember the fear I had..... of losing the honor of being your favourite granddaughter after Mahi was born but i was  so wrong. I still was your favourite granddaughter and I know you loved me the most... Baby Mahi still thinks you're in the PSG hospital. I wish it was true.I wish you'd come back as she thinks you are.. Every day, every special moment, I feel your absence but donno why it seems like you are always with me.. still, calling me "kunju", still talking to me, praying for me, wishing me good luck and giving me the courage to face challenges boldly.....

4 comments:

  1. What a touching post Geethu! I have really fond memories of uncle as well. My first memory is of him in the BHEL hospital upstairs room sharing the space with amma. I remember he was waiting in the railway station to meet me. I am sure he is wishing you the best and he is right beside you showering all his love on you.
    Good luck for your exams and I am sure you will make your grandfather and parents super proud (yeah I know how to turn up the pressure right!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Geethu...very nice ...Thatha is always with all of us in all that we do.He is guiding us, supporting us and what not (even though he is not with us physically)...There were a lot of things we discussed, argued, shared ....watched movies together, tried my cookery skills on him (he has even helped me in kitchen at times) above all learnt a lot from him.MISS U APPA :-(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice Post, Geethu...you will always be grandpa's best grand daughter..and he will be with you always

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been searching words to comment on this post my dear.... i have read this post atleast thousand times n felt it new everytime n alast i end up commenting "I LOVE U THE MOST IN THIS WORLD GEETHU"

    ReplyDelete