Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Entry of Maheshwara putra - GANESHA!

"You brought a thaat?", the man at the idol shop wearing white dhoti and a gandhi cap asked. "No! we'll carry", dad replied. An assistant took the bill and went searching for the idol we'd ordered. Meanwhile I stood gaping at the variety of ganesha idols. Each one was of a different size, different colour and different style. But the majestic wise look on lord's face was the one thing which did not vary. I wondered which one mom had ordered. Meanwhile the assistant came back carrying a brush and a creamish golden murti of Lord ganesha clad in a pink dhoti. My eyes lightened up. Immediately I began chanting the holy mantram Om gan ganpataye namah...
My hands shook as I took my ganpati in my hands. A rush of emotions - pride, exhilaration, and love for I was carrying my own ganesha finally!!
On coming home, I called out to mom, " Look who has come home amma!!" Mom came running from the kitchen beaming, carrying a aarti thali. "Dont come in yet!", she said.
After the aarti, I entered the poojai area and placed my ganesha on the stand. I took a fine look at him. "Beautiful!", I muttered. His appearance itself made me feel blessed.
Then, the actual activity began - applying chandanam kumkumam, arranging flowers, preparing kozhakattais, and prasadam etc. Amongst all the activity, a score of ganesha suprabatham was being played in the background. Everything just seemed perfect. The melancholy was replaced by divinity!
Slokams n bhajans followed by archanai n neiveidyam were done to please the lord. It was an utmost pleasure!
What I experienced from this day is that that having Lord Ganesha at home is pure bliss! I had always wished for having a ganapati at home since I was a child. Finally, when the wish has come true, I feel entirely satisfied to the core. GANPATI BAPPA MORIYA!



No comments:

Post a Comment