Monday, November 12, 2012

Life after the cocoon broke..

Ahhh!! Finally!! I turned "sweet" 16 this november! I just mouthed these words a little more than often on that day, I guess.."Sweet sixteen'' ! When I tried to recall how I spent the last 16 years of my life.. my mind got flooded with uncountable memories..most of them giving me undefinable pangs of pain .. The last 16 years of my life had been wonderfully joyous.. I'd always recieved  love from the people whom I'd known, cared about or even encountered. This realisation gave me immense amount of happiness but on the other hand it equally made me feel guilty and scared. Guilty, as I've never felt I've repayed the affection I got.. and scared that someday I might lose every single memory as days  flip rapidly in the book of my life. Also, growing up would mean an abrupt end to the pampering I've recieved as the only kid, as the first child of the family, as the little girl of my mamas and thatha.. As much as I adored the "sweet sixteen" title which sounded very cool and of course a vital step in a teenagers life, I wished I wouldn't grow up so fast.
All these days, as my body grew, my mind grew, my experiences started teaching me things.. every mistake I commited made me wiser and brought me closer to God. I began understanding upto some extent, the sole objective behind any incident occcuring in my life. I started valuing certain things, failed terribly in fixing priorities but always tried to take the first step towards being a good human by heart. My dreams always gave me an urge to do something phenomenal! Unfortunately, some qualitites like  laziness, naughtiness, possessiveness, and improper time management still persist without a trifle change. And of course how can I forget to blame Mr. "Adrenaline" rushing through my veins always at the wrong time, when I get stuck at complex situations making me lose my temper often, making me edge away from the real patient and calm person I am.
So, growing up is an inescapable phenomenon and I honestly can't say whether its good or bad. But certainly, it brings about a  difference. Between the past and the present. Between who you were and who you are. Between the decisions you make. And this difference is what sprinkles spice to life, making it worthwhile!     

No comments:

Post a Comment