Friday, December 14, 2012

The mush tale

"Maammma!! Pass me that jhumka! I wanna look prettier than you!". Mum laughed and handed out the jhumkas. We were getting ready for a wedding and with the usual "oohs and aahs" I had finally managed to get ready avoiding any drama or a moping session over my hairstyle. That gave mom real relief and pleasure! Inspecting me from head to toe meticulously she said "Hmm... You look gorgeous baby doll!! I guess I have competition this time.. Oh wait! But..."
"But what!?! " I exclaimed in surprise. These last minute ifs and buts always scared me out of my wits! She giggled meanly and said "Its nothing sweetheart,, YOu look great!" She was about to turn away when I caught her sharply " Amma! will you take the simple pain to tell me?" She giggled again.. "Nothing kannama.. Its just that.. You have a teeny tiny moustache which is kinnndoff .. I mean sortoff... clearly seen." "What?!?" I yelled in agony. "That is so not true!" I rushed towards the mirror pushing everyone on my way. And there it was.. I wondered how I had never realised any activity going on my face... And thats how the tale began..
From that day, I became unusually concious of that mush! Stopped wearing foundations or using compaqs or any of the stuff that made my face look fairer.. Mom and dad had ocassional  jokes and laughs about it privately, it sometimes became a sleepover topic but most of the time, I  knew I actually dint care a tuppence! A mush can devastate a normal girly girl's mind! But I was something more. I was a "lazy" girly girl.. Looks or fashion never mattered. " Yea!Watever" was the only response I gave.. I mean, whats so hilariously surprising that a girl has a teeny tinyy bit of mush! Not like I have a third eye like cyclopes! Please people get a job!!!
On one fine day, I was talking to a friend of mine when he suddenly exclaimed " Hey geeth!!! What's the matter with you nowadays! Trying some new style huh? " I was like "huh? Sorry?" He grinned like an idiot and said "How lucky you have a nice moustache! Am struggling for a stubble here!"
That sent a shock through me.. Cheers to geethu! Now even guys are gonna comment on my supposedly new "STYLE"!  I couldn't stand that insult. I walked off giving him a hostile glare!
    After hearing this incident, mom just.... ROFLDD!!!! PAng! Barcelona 2 Chelsea 0!  This was too much ! Seeing my embarassment mom thought for a while deeply and dragged me to a fairy land.. And zip zup zap! There goes my mush SNAP!! There were tears in my eyes. But it was worth it! I could suddenly see a great difference. A clean thread off! I looked like my dad after he had a clean shave! Thankfully, nobody noticed anything..
After a month, a voice piped in from the back bench.. "Somebody needs a razor ! Mush girl's back!" I dint bother to look behind and give my million dollar glare. "Shut up you guys!" my friend yelled at them angrily. "She'll grow a frenchbeard if she wants and that ought to be none of your business!".. I held her hand and silently murmured shaking my head" Time for a fairyland visit!".. ;)      

1 comment: