Sunday, December 23, 2012

U amazing jerks swept me off my feet! :)

"From now, you are gonna be my secret treasure box", I said holdin her hand. "Dat'll be real fun! You know you can trust me!" , she replied grinning in excitement. Her chubby cheeks glowed with happiness on finding a true friend in me.. And I felt something more than joy.. A sort of honor, a feeling of deep gratitude.. And I was so surprised that a person grew so close to me within a month.
" Hmm.. what do I call you! Your name turns a simple sentence into a tongue twister!", I said. " call me anything you want Geethu!" she said assuringly.
 "Cherry!! " I cried immediately.  It was the first thing that flashed across my mind.
I've always believed in having a cartload of "hi - bye" friends and avoiding any "best friend" to walk in my life. Considering my lack of commitment in relationships, I've always tried my best to avoid a "close friend".
She was different. I had loads of untrustworthy buddies. But she had only one best friend. She never hesitated to create an enigma around her,and always blocked the way for timepass relations.
It was the first day of junior college. We both knew each other before but had only exchanged polite smiles. "She's sickly sweet and fake!" Cherry had thought.. "She has attitude!" I had thought.
Finally we both walked into the same classroom. The ELECTRONICS stream.. A week slowly passed. Walking in late into the class on the first day itself, I had no choice but to sit with a psychopath girl. Finally the golden day arrived when I gracefully picked up my bag and placed it next to Cherry. "Freeeedom!" I cried out loud. She started laughing! "I am so sorry you had to sit with that psychopath", she said sympathetically. From that very day, we were drawn to each other. We craved for free periods to sit and talk. Our wavelenghts literally coincided. We talked our heads off about everything! Our family, our interests, our weird incidents and off coursee the teenage "girl talk"!!!
 One fine day, after a huge tiring laugh, she said looking down.., "Sharvari is my only best friend till now, you know". "Hmm..That's nice", I replied.  " But I have soo much fun with you.. Your one of the nicest persons I've ever met Sangeetha!" she said smiling.  "Then do me a favour and please call me geethu for godsake!!" I said.
"You have always been very sweet with me since the beginning.. But I was soo wrong in judging  it as fake. It's truly real that you are actually that sweet and nice", she said those words with honesty.
 I was touched by her simple words. She never appreciated anything unless it was worthy. And those words rang like an achievement in my ears.. " I donno what to say cherry.. You are something that I've always missed. You are like my sister"  That was all I could say. " I am your sister" she replied smiling.
             "Careful idiot! You are gonna spoil these pillow covers!" Cherry cried in irritation. I grinned sheepishly. Holding a mehendi cone n one hand and a book in other, I slowly drew patterns on Cherry's tiny palms. " I am booking you as the official mehendi artist of my left palm in my wedding!" she said formally trying to hold a smile. "Really?? Are you kidding Cherry? I am soo honored!" I exclaimed. We promised to stay this close till the end.
Dreamum wakeupum critical condition.. Earthum quakepum hiladula sab shakeupum.. We danced furiously to the tunes.. Well.. I just shaked my hips.. she did the actual dancing.. Did I forget to mention, she is an amazing dancer too!!! LOL....
A personal note to cherry- Dont get too happy after readin this.. I wrote this just for eating your mom's yummy 'vatana' n 'vangi' bhaji! The only great thing you've taught me till now is the shortcut to wear a 131217.  rofl! ;)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 "Kutty!" That title is the one which I adore a lot. I've always wanted to be referred to as something tiny. Hearing it from a guy sent a jolt of deja vu rushing through me. " Anna!!" I said, immediately. Yes, he was the big brother of my dreams.Super handsome and strong, crazy and caring , naughty and emotional. Perfect! I said to myself.. It was like making me smile was his only motive. We always have funny conversations, share nice stuff, pull each others legs, argue like anything!
"Now that you are my big brother, you have some major responsibilities", I said grimly, stifling a giggle.. "Like what,  kutty papa?" he said. I poured out all my demands.. 'Firstly you'll have to beat up any person who troubles me! Deal?" I said. He grinned.."Sure! No one gets to trouble my titli!"  I have loads and loads to write about him but since someone hates publicity (jerk! huh!), I am gonna just stop..
So here comes a note to mr. anna.. I am Super sorry to have violated your law regarding freedom of expression! Kindly accept this crime done by my natural instincts.. Love you!
ur titli.. :)               

No comments:

Post a Comment