Saturday, June 20, 2015

Corners of the bedspread



Minds flash and the mind flashes
 A phrase that I recently made up.. I lie in my bed, curled up in blankets.. Trying to combat the obnoxious jittery sensations running through my "aura", in response to the disarrayed pitter patter outside.. I wanted to tune my ears out.. *Ladidadidadada*, along with shutting my ears.. never works. Like NEVER.. It inturn tricks me into paying more attention to the raindrops, making it a substance of  scrutiny.. I shuddered at the thought.. So here I am distracting myself by reading " eat pray love".. It is nothing like I had anticipated. It isn't the story of a woman who unleashed the demons within her who wanted to party across the world. It is the story of a woman brooding over her miseries. And I love it.

Which drags me back to my phrase.

Minds flash and the mind flashes.
   
Is it perfectly normal to think of creepy phrases which I myself am unable to understand? Which make no sense at all.. The point I am trying to make is.. I am ignorant.. How?(you ask me?)
     
    I am avoiding this phrase. Denying to decipher it. Like I refuse waking up in the middle of a dream..  Like I cringe away from the pitter patter most people look forward to.. Like I would sleep on the floor rather than tucking in the corners of a bedspread over a mattress..
Yes.. My denial reflected that fervor..
A SIMPLE NO
So yeah.
My reflexes were afflicted by this aversion towards stuff.. This denial. "I- so- dont - want- to - do- what- needs- to - be - done"
 
The brain doesn't have ears. You can never shut the voices in your mind.
So, it goes on an on, until you feel as tiny as an unsalted peanut no one wants to eat.
"Completing the most monotonous and repulsive tasks is one of the biggest challenges in life", daddy said, tucking in the corner of the bedspread over the mattress.

" So true!", I agreed, starting to tuck in one section of the bedspread, peeking out of a corner.
I probably will try to figure out what my phrase means.

2 comments:

  1. Its been a long day without your post !!
    Come back geeths.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice! very nice!

    ReplyDelete