Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Superhero

I know I haven’t touched my blog for quite a while. By quite a while you could say, umm some 360 days perhaps. It’s approaching a year but not quite that yet. I don’t want anybody to pinpoint. Oh look at the heights of procrastination! Not written since a year. So here I am, breaking that twig and writing just before that 365th day smirks at me. Voila!

SO, why haven’t I written?(You ask me?)

Because I wanted to be a superhero.

Simple.
I felt I had too many things to do. I had a career to pursue (still do), academics to excel in (still do), sing, dance, eat gum (sorry that should be chew and not eat but you get the gist), stare at walls, push myself to work harder. At the end of the day, I had to say my prayers, clutch my hair and realize that I had forgotten to bathe ( Chill, that was only once).

So, I have been busy. I have kept myself the most occupied. Looking back at those 19 years.. Well I remember only 13-14 of those well. I tried to remind myself of a telescopic time where I had been way more assiduous than this, where I have brought more groundnuts to the grindstone. The current moment. I was unable to acknowledge the retrospect, if any.

Being busy is not about the time. It is about the mind. I had written many blog posts in this round up approximate that I referred to as 360 days. They had a grouchy edge to them and were all about being busy. Oh well, yeah even this one is. Such hypocrisy, right?

But yes, they were philosophical and too abstruse. Not what anyone would want to read under any circumstance unless that circumstance involves your goldfish dying.

Ahem, so why did I decide to write now out of the blue?
Because I woke up to a dawn that shrieked, “You are not turning into a superhero!” insensitively out.

I watched as Tony Stark talked to Jarvis. I watched him partying, being eccentric and handsome and having everything he wanted. He never let go of things he loved.

Is that what made him a superhero?
Being a superhero is not about having the iron suit or being a genius or being able to fly. It is about realizing your capabilities and putting it to maximum use. You will never know what you are worth until you try it all. But uhuh. There is one glitch though. It must never culminate at a dot that makes you mouth the words  “This is it.” Let me elaborate.

I was a superhero once. My lack of speculation towards the matter never made me realize that I was one at that time. I managed my time so well that I was unaware of the fact that I was doing it very neat.  I had no time to even think about this. So I did it all. I kept myself busy, did as much as my mind and brain could grapple. I learnt art, I wrote, I sketched, I sang, I topped my classes and when I was cloaked in laud, I felt no different.

But then, you are no loner. There are people who”ll always show up with their big brown eyes and their seamless benevolence and tell you “Oh honey, you are doing more than necessary.”

Well, they are right. But. You know what?

This is one thing that superheroes do. They don’t listen to good advice.
So, jar your ears with your success song and go be a superhero.  



4 comments:

  1. Superhero of VIT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great comeback ,geethu !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohh thank god you are alive. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. "jar your ears with your success song and go be a superhero"
    <3 <3

    (reply :p)

    ReplyDelete