Wednesday, March 17, 2010

I remember....................


This post might give you a brief history of me and my childhood days. Here's the story...
Being an only child has never made me feel alone. At the age of six months, I went to a babysitting. At first, I was the only child there but as time passed, many new children came and I got a chance to be the leader. Anything without my permission would result in ******. But , frankly, I consider myself really lucky to be a part of my babysitting family. I wish to share some of precious memories through this blog post so, let's begin.
Our babysitting family was HUGE. Beginning from the seniors, My aunty, uncle and their sons, Swapnil and Bipin. And in our bachcha- party, Soumya, Swarup, Siddhesh, Cookie, Babuli and Ojhal. NOw, let me give a brief description of eveyone. Soumya, Swarup's twin, sweet, truthful, honest, caring, never involves in crimes, three years younger than me and my best buddy and doll partner. Swarup, Soumya's twin, naughty, wicked, sometimes, my crime partner but mostly, my rival. Siddhesh, the banterer, joker, non - weeper, and Swarup's crime partner. Cookie, sweet little cookie, quiet, scared, soft and ever - smiling. Babuli, Cookie's little brother, naughty, at first girls' pet but then Swarup's and Siddhesh's crime partner (we were surely mad at that). Ojhal, the baby, bed - wetter and the non-stop crier. And at the seniors, our auntie, lovely, caring, sometimes sweet and sometimes sour and always stays in the kitchen. Our uncle sometimes strict and sometimes really funny. Bepin dada, quiet, sensitive and awefully kind. Swapnil dada, our rival, really naughty, always ready to fight and a leg - puller (I can't think of any other word).I can never forget how much masti we used to do. i remenber those times when I kicked the oil drum and spilled all the oil incurring aunty's wrath and when I hit Swarup with a stone when he pulled all the sponge out of my new candy doll, and when I and Soumya used to lock the door of our room and never used to let any of the boys in and spoil our doll set. Well, the boys surely got mad at that and threatened to throw our shoes out of the balcony into the muddy pool when I used to say ,"Throw it off, mudheads, we'll get new shoes from our mummies and you won't!" This worked sometimes but at other times,Soumya, getting scared,would open the door and let the boys spoil our game. She is actually the "girl". Unlike her, I was really rough and boyish in my ways. One good example is the fights I used to have with Swapnil dada and Swarup. AS I said, I was the gang leader and Swarup won't accept it. Swapnil dada was really a sport even though he used to fight with us. Sometimes, he would be really funny and tease Soumya asking about the brand of atta she eats and call me idli-sambar. These are the memories that lie still fresh in my mind. I remember how muddy we used to get after playing in the park and how our aunty would wipe us clean and in case of Swarup and Siddu, she'd scrub them clean and give them a violent bath. Gosh, she used to rub us till we shone. And in evening before our mummies and daddies took us away, she used to comb our hair and empty out the whole bottle of talcum powder unevenly on our faces. We used to look as if we had come out of a flour - mill. And coming to cuisine,she is one of the best cooks I've ever known. Her "varan bhath with val bhaji" used to be simply adorable. I remember the fights the others would have when she used to make anything non - veg. At those times, she used to make my fav dishes specially for me (I am a veggie, u see). I remenber those days when only I knew how to handle the tv remote and everyone used to beg to me for putting their favourite channels. I used to feel proud. Whenever some mischief was discovered, I used to pose up like a martyr and make an innocent face.
I badly miss those days and I really wish that I could taste those sweet experiences over and over again. I know that I won't be able to go through the same phase again so I consider myself really lucky to have lived in two homes, experiencing double joy, recieving double love and sharing double happiness throughout...........

No comments:

Post a Comment